Body Image and Feeling Good
People come in all shapes and sizes, and while it's true that beauty goes well beyond physical appearance, it's not always easy to love our bodies, especially when were bombarded with images of what the standard definition of "beautiful" supposedly is. Billboards, magazines, TV, and other media portray beauty in ways that the average person may never be able to attain and live up to.
When it comes to loving our bodies, it's best to appreciate yourself as a whole. Your physical body is just one aspect of your unique totality as a person, and everyone possesses wonderful traits that make them incredibly beautiful.
And it never hurts to always remain positive when it comes to body image and feeling good about ourselves. Here are five ways to look at and think about body image and feeling good:
- Keep positive people in your circle of family and friends. When people lovingly accept you for who you are as a whole and when you interact with upbeat people, you can't help but exude confidence and your true self.
- Write down a list of things that you love about yourself, such as "I love my dimples," or "I love that I can make people smile just by asking how they're doing?" There are so many little things that people possess and do that create big beauty!
- Wear clothes that complement your body shape and fit your size. Clothes are cut differently by brands, so you will not always wear the same size depending on the brand. You may want to try out a new wardrobe, with colors of the season. Have fun with clothes!
- Pamper yourself. There's something about a bubble bath with candles that will make anyone feel special! Get a manicure and pedicure, or consider a new hairstyle. You do not have to spend a lot of money for a little pick-me-up.
- Volunteer. Helping others is one of the best ways to recognize that we're all here to help each other get through life.
And always... Keep calm and love our body!